Monday, April 15, 2013

Rejection

       Many times in your life, you are going to have to deal with the word REJECTION. How do you really go about it? Especially when it's something that you consider you had a pretty good shot at. Well, I've been rejected loads of times before. (according to some friends 23 times by various women, though at last count it was a single digit figure closer to 0 than 10 ) But to be rejected in such a way that you're probably at rock bottom in the list of people that were rejected. Ouch... It's literally like the whole, "I wouldn't sleep with you if you and I were the last human beings on earth" line, which while funny to listen to in the third person is actually a pain...
      Now there's the whole, "Now what?" question? Usually I deal with rejection in a, "Fine, your loss." kind of way. But for some reason, this has shaken every single bone in my body in such a way that introspection is of the essence. I have to think whether I was even doing the right thing by trying out for a seat there. Was it my creativity? Was it my attitude? Was it the fact that I was friggin' sleepy as fuck? I don't really know, and the saddest thing is I don't think I ever will get the right answer to it. 
      Now, in the words of Axl Rose, "Where do we go, where do we go now?" Another couple of results left to come, Experiences that I felt went better. But then, what do I know?
     The most amazing irony is that in the very same form, I was asked to fill 3 of my biggest dislikes. Falling ill, losing and making silly mistakes were there in that order. Guess I can put rejection as a number one on that list now.
 

1 comment:

V said...

Eggjactly my pheelings..;(